[linux-dvb] Re: problems with Hauppauge DVB/S finding a stream

In the new year, rjkm@convergence.de wrote:
> Jeremy Hall writes:
>  > I have a Hauppauge DVB/S and am having trouble getting it to see any
>  > satellite signals.  When inserting the module, it looks like this:
>  >
>  > Rainbow:/var/log # May 14 19:39:19 Rainbow kernel: dvb0: AV7110 - firm
>  > f053e1cd, rtsl 77cee1ce, vid 3e90d49d, app 00000000
>

> These values for firmware ROM, RTSL versionm, etc. are bogus.
> Something must have gone wrong during the upload of the firmware.
> But you did not get anything like "dvb: debi test in bootarm()
> failed"? Really strange ...
> I think some people had similar problems when having "PnP OS" or
> something similar enabled in the BIOS setup.

I can't check the bios at the moment.  Trying to insert dvb_firm yields
this:

Rainbow:/src/tv/dvb/dvbtune-0.3 # depmod -a
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o
Rainbow:/src/tv/dvb/dvbtune-0.3 # modprobe dvb_firm
/lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_root_addr
/lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_dpram_addr
/lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_dpram_len
/lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_root_len
/lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: insmod /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o failed
/lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: insmod dvb_firm failed
Rainbow:/src/tv/dvb/dvbtune-0.3 #

so I don't know how it could load the firmware, unless that module either
isn't used or isn't used for this card.

I can move it around so that it doesn't share an irq with somebody if that
would help.

_J