[linux-dvb] API ... once again

demux:

As I am beginning porting some apps to the new api from branch NEWSTRUCT
some questions come up.

typedef struct dmxFilter
{
        uint8_t         filter[DMX_FILTER_SIZE];
        uint8_t         mask[DMX_FILTER_SIZE];
        uint8_t         mode[DMX_FILTER_SIZE];
} dmxFilter_t;

What is expected to be in the mode array?

As my last mail about seemed to be ignored:

video:

There are mpeg decoders out there which support automatic video aspect
ratio detection and 20:9 besides 4:3 and 16:9.
So please add VIDEO_FORMAT_AUTO and VIDEO_FORMAT_20_9 to the API.

audio:

The API documentation does not make clear, what the maximum value for
left and right volume should be. Is it 64, is it 100, or millions? I
wonder why this is an unsigned int instead of an uint8_t, since users
surely can not recognize the difference between 255 steps in audio
volume or more. It would be _very_ nice to know that, because some
devices might be very loud when set to zero, others might mute on zero.

Then, there are devices which support SPDIF audio output, which might be
copy protected or not. This can be set via the mpeg decoder to allow no
copies at all, one copy or multiple copies. Please add an ioctl for
that.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas