[linux-dvb] Re: problems with Hauppauge DVB/S finding a stream

Jeremy Hall writes:
 > In the new year, rjkm@convergence.de wrote:
 > > failed"? Really strange ...
 > > I think some people had similar problems when having "PnP OS" or
 > > something similar enabled in the BIOS setup.
 > >
 > I can't check the bios at the moment.  Trying to insert dvb_firm yields
 > this:
 >
 > Rainbow:/src/tv/dvb/dvbtune-0.3 # depmod -a
 > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o
 > Rainbow:/src/tv/dvb/dvbtune-0.3 # modprobe dvb_firm
 > /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_root_addr
 > /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_dpram_addr
 > /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_dpram_len
 > /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: unresolved symbol dvb_root_len
 > /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: insmod /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o failed
 > /lib/modules/misc/dvb_firm.o: insmod dvb_firm failed
 > Rainbow:/src/tv/dvb/dvbtune-0.3 #
 >
 > so I don't know how it could load the firmware, unless that module either
 > isn't used or isn't used for this card.

This module is not used if you do not want the firmware binary to be built
into the kernel. It is normally loaded from the Dpram and Root file
by the driver. The driver would complain if it could not find the files.

 > I can move it around so that it doesn't share an irq with somebody if that
 > would help.

IRQ sharing should not be a problem.

Ralph