[linux-dvb] Re: problems with NEWSTRUCT

sure,

I have an sw-64 switch from Dish Network connected to 3 satellites and the
potential for four receivers.

On the LNB side of the switch there are ports for six connections and are
connected as follows from left to right:

1A: 61.5 odd
1B: 61.5 Even
2A: 119.0 odd
2B: 119.0 Even
3A: 110.0 Odd
3B: 110.0 Even

The output (depending on your perspective) has four ports.  The switch
requires power on port 1 so it can be powered.

Four RG-6 cables are dedicated to the switch and run from the attic to the
punch block in the basement.  Port 1 is connected to power with a power
brick and does not have a receiver attached to it.

Port 2 has a Echostar 2700 connected and is active.

Port 3 has a JVC 4500 connected to it and is active (a cross connect
occurs to feed the room it is in and dimodulators are used to mux both the
satellite and terestrial signals to that location)

Port 4 has the computer connected and it is located in the rack with the
patch panel.  Crossconnecting receivers to different switch ports yields
the ports work just fine.

I do not know the make of the LNB's, but their LOF is 11250mhz.  There are
two dishes, one pointed at 61.5 the other between 110 and 119 so the LNB's
can hit both of them.  The 61.5 dish is 18" while the other is 20" (sorry,
don't have metric units for you)

When the computer is connected to one of the LNB's without going through
the switch, it can correctly switch between horizontal and vertical
polarizations.

As it stands now, the only channel I can get seems to be Bloomburg and
that gets old REALLY FAST!

_J