[linux-dvb] Re: problems with NEWSTRUCT

another point here,

We use LHCP / RHCP for DIsh and so when you see an R in the guide, you
need to use a v.  Likewise when you see an l you use an h.

In adition, the references to odd/even are so the switch has access to all
the transponders.  The LNB can give both horizontal and vertical
transponders on either of its two ports, but proper operation of the
switch requires that both ports be connected to the switch so that if,
say, a receiver wants 119 v, when the next receiver wants 119 h, it
doesn't preempt the one that wants 119v (because you can only send vert or
horizontally polarized transponders at a time down a cable)

_J