[linux-dvb] Tuning to <150 Mhz in Telekom cable

Felix Domke writes:
 > I'd like to tune to these transponders using my DVB-C Nova (yes, one of the
 > few :) w/ VES1820, but i didn't have any success. All other transponders
 > seem to work properly. I already tried of adjusting the frequency boundaries
 > in the tuner.c, with no success.
 >
 > Do these transponders exist? If yes, i might try to figure out the correct
 > tuner settings (prescaler and stuff), but i always hated programming Mitels,
 > so maybe there is a simpler solution.

Maybe they are sent inverted.
I had to realize today (and wasted waaaay too much time on this ...)
that our cable provider in Cologne (ISH) changed our cable from
non-inverted to inverted signals without telling us when they
completed their network modifications to support internet and telephone.

I guess that was the problem somebody else on this list had a few
weeks ago with his cable (also ISH).

 > by the way, i'm using the CVS (not NEWSTRUCT) drivers, updated some day ago
 > (and backpatched because the DMA-fix seems to freeze my computer, but that's
 > another thing and i didn't want to spend any more reboot in debugging this)

Did you have SMP support in your kernel? I put another spinlock in
there around the same time but forgot to initialize it. This is fixed now.

Ralph