[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning to <150 Mhz in Telekom cable

> Maybe they are sent inverted.
> I had to realize today (and wasted waaaay too much time on this ...)
> that our cable provider in Cologne (ISH) changed our cable from
> non-inverted to inverted signals without telling us when they
> completed their network modifications to support internet and telephone.
I tried inverted an non-inverted, at least by toggeling
FrontendParameters::Inversion. i already checked that the VES1820 is set
correctly, at least reg0 is set to 69 without and 49 with inversion (or vice
versa). but it seems that (forgive me my lazyness in checking all driver
sources) that the frontend-kernel-task tries inversion on and off when
tuning fails.

another question: WHAT is the sense of inverting the phase? and, why the
hell is there nothing to signal this in the CableDeliveryDescriptor (or did
i just miss it?)

felix domke