[linux-dvb] Re: I great question

Hi all,

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 12:02:09PM +0200, Paolo Rossi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a new in linuxtv, and i have some problems about it. I have my linux
> machine with RH 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18-3. I have installed siemens dvb
> card. The problem born when i try to see the (sat) tv program. Infact i
> use "dvbstream" program to extract mpeg2 stream from dvb card and then i
> visualize the stream by mplayer. The problem is that i can see only few
> channel, such us radio102.5, but i can't see canale5, eurosport etc.
> What is the problem? Is a driver problem? Can someone help me?
>

> P.S: dvbstream is a version 0.4pre-2 and mplayer is version 0.90pre-5.

I use a similar setup and I'm able to watch "eurosport" after using the
correct parameters for frequency, srate, polarization, vid, and aid.
There are many different lists for these parameters on the net but most
are buggy (outdated?). After generating a recent list of channels using
dtv_scan on my own most problems were gone.

But nevertheless: I'm not able to watch *all* channels and I don't know
why either. dvbstream doesn't generate any output for them.

Additionally I have an other question:
What's the reason for some flickering effects? mplayer shows the mpeg
video/audio stream but sometimes some flickering occurs and the picture
is unsteady. Sometimes I get Segmentation Errors by mplayer due to
bad mpeg stream. I crosschecked this using a different DVB-S card and a
different SAT disc. Same ugly effects. Any hints...?

> Best Regards Paolo
>

> --
> Info:
> linux-dvb" as subject.