[linux-dvb] Re: Newby, channels.conf, ARM-stuff

	Thanks for your long answer.

> The av711x has an arm core. This has nothing to do with the libdvb api
> since the api is supposed to be hardware independent. The stuff in
> gnufirm is a minimal skeleton for writing an ARM application for the
> AV7110 on a  Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB-S board. It does not
> provide any functionality yet. Just as it states in the README file in
> gnufirm.

	As far as I understood, there is an ARM processor inside only because
the av711x is a chip aimed at the integration of all the components
needed for a Set-Top Box. The PCI cards use this chip but do not need
the ARM processor, because we already have our x86. Is that right?

> Any data that is transmitted under the DVB standard via cable or
> satellite can be received by the DVB cards. Encrypted data has to be
> decrypted before you can use it, otherwise there is no limitation.

	But I mean, if my neighbour is surfing via a cable-modem, can I read
the downstream?? This must be encrypted within DVB, else it's a major
security issue, no?

		thanks

			ben