[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT bug report

Philip Armstrong wrote:
> uname -a output:
>
>   Linux trigger 2.4.19-rc1 #2 Fri Jul 5 11:44:07 BST 2002 i686 unknown
>   unknown GNU/Linux
>
> With the latest CVS checkout of the NEWSTRUCT dvb drivers, after
> inserting the modules with "make insmod", the kernel thread "kdvb-fe"
> eats around 40% of CPU until I run dvbstream to stream some data from
> the card (I have a Hauppage NovaT terrestrial DVB card).

This is normal when the CPU is running idle and the card has not tuned.
It tries then to find a channel by scanning a wider frequency range.
When either a signal is found the load of the thread should fall near zero.

When CPU load rises the relative load of the thread should get much lower.

> Also, 10% of the time, the kernel panics when I try to run
> dvbstream. I could try and send along the panic data if it would be
> any help...

Could you please send me the ksymoops output? Create it by piping the
output from dmesg into ksymoops.

thanks,

Holger