[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT bug report

Tuesday Jul 30 08:37:58 +0100 2002 Philip Armstrong <phil@kantaka.co.uk> wrote:
> uname -a output:
>
>   Linux trigger 2.4.19-rc1 #2 Fri Jul 5 11:44:07 BST 2002 i686 unknown
>   unknown GNU/Linux
>
> Also, 10% of the time, the kernel panics when I try to run
> dvbstream. I could try and send along the panic data if it would be
> any help...

When I run 2.4.19-pre9 and immediately after boot I did

  cd DVB/driver    (from MAIN cvs branch, not NEWSTRUCT)
  make insmod
  cd ../...
  dvbstream ... | mplayer -

  ( I don't remember the options above, I have script for that at home)

... the machine locks up with blinkin caps lock and scroll lock (or was
it num lock and caps lock). That happened twice in a row last time I tried;
After that I entered some `sync's and launched mplayer once between
`make insmod' and `dvbstream...' and the lockup has not happened (in those
2-3 cases I tried afterwards).

Now I'm having Redhat 7.3 updated 2.4.18-5 (Probably some 2.4.19-prex-acx)
but I have only run vdr after `make insmod' above (with those sync's above).
I try that boot - make insmode - dvbstream... -combo soon (probably today)
to see whether I still can get it to crash the machine...

Note, that I am using the MAIN branch -- I don't know what programs can be
used w/ NEWSTRUCT driver (including dvbstream!!!).

> cheers,
>
> Phil

Tomi