[linux-dvb] Re: Revision 2.2

On Friday 09 August 2002 19:53, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
> > Looking at the card it reveals one connector for connecting to the LNB,
> > no pass through connector for LNB. It also has a fan-out connector
> > (8 pin mini DIN) with 5 connectors with labels. These are as follows
> >
> > Colour	Connector 		Label
> > Black	Stereo mini jack male	Line out
> > Yellow	RCA female		Video In
> > White	RCA female		Surround 1
> > Red	RCA female		Surround 2
> > Black	RCA female		Center
> >
> > I seriously hope that when they write "Video In" they mean "Video Out".
>
> Yellow RCA means composite video.
> Well, if they use that kind of low quality videoconnection, then it's
> no wonder that they dont know are they coming or going :)
> For the price of Nexus one would assume a better product.

AFAIK ver 2.1 has the same connectors (etc) as the 2.2 version, i have both
cards here before me.

The doc's are the same, (at a quick glance),  According to the single
acompanying page called Technical Info.

Mini plug: Line out
Black:      S/PDIF out
White:      Left Channel
Red:         Right Channel
Yellow:     TV out
Why should they be different, those are International standards arn't they.?

I have the German documentation here and it definatly states, "TV out" and
NOT video in.

As for the ver-2.2 card it has not been used here yet. (just in case one has
questions about its behaviour).

--
Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl