[linux-dvb] Re: Revision 2.2

Hi Antonio

Antonino Sergi wrote:
> I have one.
> The only problem I have with this card, a part from low quality
> composite video out, is conditional access.

Yep. It is foolish that they doesn't provide RGB output as an option
when the chip provides it. Has someone approached Siemens and
Haaupauge to make them request Technotrend to provide the necessary
connector pins ?

> I am almost sure that it
> can't work with convergence driver because the firmware they provide is
> not up to date.

Just to fill me in here (I'm a newbie). What is the diff between the Convergence
driver and the CVS DVB branch of linuxtv ?

> It seems to me that common interface communication is on
> another memory address (it doesn't make any difference in the CI data if
> CAM is inserted or not).

If I understand you correct, then the CI module (and subsequently
the CAM module) doesn't work under Linux with a revision 2.2
card ? SO I can't watch all the encrypted digital stuff (which
is near to 100%) ?

> I do not find any way to make it work under linux. Any suggestion would
> be appreciated and certainly a new firmware too.

By me too. As a fix, how does one get SoftCAM to test as a temporary fix ?

Is SoftCAM a commercial piece of software or a OSS hack to be found somewhere
on some remote server ?

--PMM