[linux-dvb] Re: Revision 2.2

Peter Maersk-Moller writes:
 > Antonino Sergi wrote:
 > > I have one.
 > > The only problem I have with this card, a part from low quality
 > > composite video out, is conditional access.
 >
 > Yep. It is foolish that they doesn't provide RGB output as an option
 > when the chip provides it. Has someone approached Siemens and
 > Haaupauge to make them request Technotrend to provide the necessary
 > connector pins ?

Yeah, right, getting information from TT ...

 > > I am almost sure that it
 > > can't work with convergence driver because the firmware they provide is
 > > not up to date.

Up to date to what?
Let's see whose firmware looks old in a few weeks :-)

 > Just to fill me in here (I'm a newbie). What is the diff between the Convergence
 > driver and the CVS DVB branch of linuxtv ?

This IS the Convergence driver.

 > > It seems to me that common interface communication is on
 > > another memory address (it doesn't make any difference in the CI data if
 > > CAM is inserted or not).
 >
 > If I understand you correct, then the CI module (and subsequently
 > the CAM module) doesn't work under Linux with a revision 2.2
 > card ? SO I can't watch all the encrypted digital stuff (which
 > is near to 100%) ?

No idea. Probably not.

 > > I do not find any way to make it work under linux. Any suggestion would
 > > be appreciated and certainly a new firmware too.

There is currently nothing planned to support this card. It is not like we get
any information from the manufacturer. I never even saw a 2.2 card and
up to now only heard rumors about it.

Ralph