[linux-dvb] Re: Revision 2.2

Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:

> Antonino Sergi wrote:
>>It seems to me that common interface communication is on
>>another memory address (it doesn't make any difference in the CI data if
>>CAM is inserted or not).
>

> If I understand you correct, then the CI module (and subsequently
> the CAM module) doesn't work under Linux with a revision 2.2
> card ? SO I can't watch all the encrypted digital stuff (which
> is near to 100%) ?

I don't think this is a problem of the Rev 2.2, rather the newer
revisions of the 3.5" drive bay mounted CI module. See:

The following site describes the difference between the Rev 2.1 & 2.2:

   http://members.home.nl/happysat/DVB-SAT-Tech.htm

Anyway, the difference is that the Rev 2.2 has a Crystal audio DAC and a
different Vendor-ID.

Doug.