[linux-dvb] Re: Multiple channels on same frequency

Am Mon, 2002-08-12 um 06.03 schrieb Karsten Mueller:

> Hi,
>
> what about DVB-C cards ? Aren't there some kind of transponders too,
> which could get recorded at once ?

I don't know how frequencies are used by your cable-provider, but the
DVB-stream is a complete TS on a frequency (or transponder) which
consists of several MPEG- or service-streams identified by PIDs.

If your provider uses only one TV-program per TS (would be very
uneconomically) you could only receive that program. But as he will put
several programs in a TS to use complete bandwidth you should be able to
get the complete TS with a low-budget-C-card. I don't have a DVB-C, but
I think it will be similar to the DVB-S as it uses the same chipsets and
probably the same TI-libraries.

Rene