[linux-dvb] Re: Multiple channels on same frequency

Am Son, 2002-08-11 um 23.03 schrieb mocm@metzlerbros.de:
> Peter Maersk-Moller writes:
>  > Hi
>  >
>  > I'm just wondering if it is possible to receive more than one TV channel
>  > at the same time with only one receiver card if the channels are on the same
>  > frequencey and hor/ver but have different PIDs ?
>
> Yes, it's possible.
>
>  >
>  > In my case, I don't want to see the channels locally so multicasting
>  > individual channels (PID or PIDs) to individual multicast groups would
>  > suit me fine. Is this possible ? If yes, are there any limitations
>  > like number of PIDs to receive (and subsequently multicast) ?
>  >

> Depends on your hardware. The Nova cards can give you the entire
> transponder. The Nexus (i.e. cards with AV711x) can't.
>
>  > If this is difficult, is it then possible to read the entire
>  > MPEG-2 TS received within one frequency with all its PIDs
>  > into the computers RAM (where I can then split it up) ?
>  >

> See above.

The new PlugIn-branch of VDR can already record several streams on a
transponder with low-budgets (there a also tries to do that with
full-featured DVB-S as they allow up to eight streams ...). There's also
a development of a RTP-streaming-patch. When Klaus Schmidinger claims
the development branch to be stable, the streaming-patch certainly will
be ported to plugin.

Rene