[linux-dvb] Re: Multiple channels on same frequency

Hi Marcus.

Thanks for the reply.

mocm@metzlerbros.de wrote:
> Peter Maersk-Moller writes:
>  > I'm just wondering if it is possible to receive more than one TV channel
>  > at the same time with only one receiver card if the channels are on the same
>  > frequencey and hor/ver but have different PIDs ?
> Yes, it's possible.
>  > In my case, I don't want to see the channels locally so multicasting
>  > individual channels (PID or PIDs) to individual multicast groups would
>  > suit me fine. Is this possible ? If yes, are there any limitations
>  > like number of PIDs to receive (and subsequently multicast) ?
> Depends on your hardware. The Nova cards can give you the entire
> transponder. The Nexus (i.e. cards with AV711x) can't.

And here I thought I got the most when I bought the full featured
Nexus card :( In my case I will rarely use the MPEG-2 decoder to
Video out, but thought I give it a try anyway.

What is the problem/limitation with the NEXUS card ? Can I only
read one PID (video) as MPEG-2 or can I read 3 (audio/video/teletext)
or can I (as suggested) read 8 PIDs and can they be freely selected
among a/v/t and other types ?

When you say "the entire transponder" I assume you mean with the
same frequency and polarization. Right ?

>  > If this is difficult, is it then possible to read the entire
>  > MPEG-2 TS received within one frequency with all its PIDs
>  > into the computers RAM (where I can then split it up) ?
> See above.

Hmm, should have bought the NOVA card. Hope they don't stop
producing it. Are there any versions of the NOVA card to look out
for, or will any NOVA card version do ?

Kind regards

--PMM