[linux-dvb] Re: Multiple channels on same frequency

Peter Maersk-Moller writes:
 > And here I thought I got the most when I bought the full featured
 > Nexus card :( In my case I will rarely use the MPEG-2 decoder to
 > Video out, but thought I give it a try anyway.
 >
 > What is the problem/limitation with the NEXUS card ? Can I only
 > read one PID (video) as MPEG-2 or can I read 3 (audio/video/teletext)
 > or can I (as suggested) read 8 PIDs and can they be freely selected
 > among a/v/t and other types ?

You will probably be able to get at least two audio and video PIDs, I
haven't tested the limits, but there are probably others on the list
that have. For section filters there is the upper limit of hardware
filters that the card provides (32, not always all available because
of internal use).

 > When you say "the entire transponder" I assume you mean with the
 > same frequency and polarization. Right ?

Yes.

 > Hmm, should have bought the NOVA card. Hope they don't stop
 > producing it. Are there any versions of the NOVA card to look out
 > for, or will any NOVA card version do ?

I don't think they will stop producing it. Since they are much cheaper
to produce and wit a software decoder and a fast cpu you still can
have the full DVB experience. The Nova cards will probably only differ
in the frontend that is used. Unless you get a Nova CI , which has
some extra hardware for CAMs. They work as normal cards, but
descrambling doesn't work (No info from TT on how they work).

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |