[linux-dvb] Re: CI already low priority ???

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, DVB-Mailingliste wrote:
> vdr / dvb-linux may run in legal problems,
No.

> if there is no CI support
There is.

> (or support for old CIs only):
There is.

> If the only way to get Premiere is by softcam,
No. Just buy an appropiate CI-Module, either used or brand new (yes, there are
a few of them left).

No one is forced to use SoftCAM to watch encrypted channels. You can just as
well buy such a CI-Module (and it is no problem to get one, but it is
expensive) and put your Premiere (or what ever) card in. Problem solved.

BTW: As I was told the contract contains a paragraph that you are only allowed
to use a Premiere D-Box for decoding, so using any else decoder would probably
stated as "illegal" as well.

Of course, no one would say no to a better CI-Module support. There is room
for improvements.

Best regards,
  _cooper_