[linux-dvb] Re: CI already low priority ???

Totally agreed,

> No one is forced to use SoftCAM to watch encrypted channels. You
> can just as
> well buy such a CI-Module (and it is no problem to get one, but it is
> expensive) and put your Premiere (or what ever) card in. Problem solved.

Expensive - This is a problem. The cheapest CI modules I can find are around
150EUR, which makes the possibility of anyone adopting a legal version quite
low. Am I looking in the wrong place for these devices? i.e. can they be
found cheaper?

> Of course, no one would say no to a better CI-Module support.
> There is room
> for improvements.

On this subject, is the DVB group able to construct their own CI module or
is this not possible / too difficult?

thanks
Jme