[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver crash

>>Javier Lopez writes:
>>  > Hello to all,
>>  >
>>  > I have detected a crash of DVB driver with one transponder; Hispasat
>>12380
>>  > V. This transponder is carrying more than 40 channels (a lot of radio
>>  > channels), and when I switch with VDR to a channel of this
>>transponder, one
>>  > of 4 times I get a dvb driver crash and sometimes the VDR menu changes
>>the
>>  > color to some color very dificult to read. This only happens with this
>>  > transponder, then I deduct is the amount of channels it's carrying and
>>the
>>  > DVB driver is not able to manage. With MS Windows applications there
>>isn't
>>  > any problem with this transponder.
>>  >
>>  > Can anybody tell me where is the parameter of the maximum channels per
>>  > transponder in the dvb driver, an how can I change it?.
>>
>>The number of channels per transponder should not matter unless you
>>want to open a filter for each one. Is the transponder FTA or
>>encrypted?
>>
>Yes, it's in VIA Digital package, but has one channel FTA (Antena 3). If
>you configure a channel in VDR with the frequency (12380-V) as only
>parameter (without the rest of parameters at 0)you also get a crash. The
>only diference I can see in this transponder is the big list of radio
>channels. You can see it at lyngsat:
>http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/viadigital.shtml

I have done another test. Hispasat has another transponder with more than 40
channels freq: 12456-V (this time are all data channels). I have configured
a channel in VDR with this frequency and all other parameters with zero. I
get the same efect as explained before. I'm very sure that DVB driver has a
bug. Seems like an overflow of the memory reserved for getting the channels
per transponder.

I can see all the channels that the transponder is carrying with WatchTvPro
(windows application), doing a transponder scanning and pressing PSI button.

Help please.