[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver crash

Javier Lopez writes:
 > >http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/viadigital.shtml
 >
 > I have done another test. Hispasat has another transponder with more than 40
 > channels freq: 12456-V (this time are all data channels). I have configured
 > a channel in VDR with this frequency and all other parameters with zero. I
 > get the same efect as explained before. I'm very sure that DVB driver has a
 > bug. Seems like an overflow of the memory reserved for getting the channels
 > per transponder.
 >
 > I can see all the channels that the transponder is carrying with WatchTvPro
 > (windows application), doing a transponder scanning and pressing PSI button.

The driver doesn't know anything and doesn't care about the number of
channels per transponder. It could only be that the CI code in the
firmware can't handle the number of channels when it tries to open the
filter it needs, or maybe there are no filters left.
You could try setting the PIDs for the channels (or maybe just for one)
and see what happens.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |