[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver crash

>Javier Lopez writes:
>  > >http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/viadigital.shtml
>  >
>  > I have done another test. Hispasat has another transponder with more
>than 40
>  > channels freq: 12456-V (this time are all data channels). I have
>configured
>  > a channel in VDR with this frequency and all other parameters with
>zero. I
>  > get the same efect as explained before. I'm very sure that DVB driver
>has a
>  > bug. Seems like an overflow of the memory reserved for getting the
>channels
>  > per transponder.
>  >
>  > I can see all the channels that the transponder is carrying with
>WatchTvPro
>  > (windows application), doing a transponder scanning and pressing PSI
>button.
>  >

>The driver doesn't know anything and doesn't care about the number of
>channels per transponder. It could only be that the CI code in the
>firmware can't handle the number of channels when it tries to open the
>filter it needs, or maybe there are no filters left.
>You could try setting the PIDs for the channels (or maybe just for one)
>and see what happens.

Thanks for your answer. Of course I have tried with valid PIDs, it was the
first crashes of my original channel list. Normally I can see the channel
for some seconds and then the driver crash. Other times I can see the
channel, but when I switch out I get a color change of OSD menu (not always,
but if you switch 3 or 4 times it's sure you get this). I have done some
tests and my deduction is that. This transponder works perfectly with
windows applications, then it seems to be the linux dvb driver. I'm not
alone with this, other hispasat users have the same problem.
I suppose you don't have the dish oriented to Hispasat and you can not check
it with this transponder (now I have not the dish oriented to Astra, but I
see at lyngsat a lot of radio channels at Astra 12207-V,  perhaps you can
test with this).

Do you know if the driver gets the complete list of channels from the
transponder, where is saving it, and what part of the code is doing this?
(or any other idea for the crash)

Thanks for your help.
(Nexus v2.1)