[linux-dvb] Re: Global channels config in libdvb

Jeremy Hall writes:
 > The Dish Network channels move around so much that I am considering
 > writing a watcher thread to vdr that dynamically builds the channels from
 > the SDT.
 >
 > but I would like to select channels by service ID rather than line number
 > in channels.conf but I didn't get any responses when I asked them about
 > that on the vdr list.
 >
 > Further more, I don't understand why we need to have the channels.conf
 > have all the apids and vpids of the channels when the PMT will tell us
 > this info.  You could either tune to all transponders you know about upon
 > start-up or dynamically build it as you surf through the channels.

I do that in rtuxzap using the libdvb. I also changed the search for
default config files to also look in /etc/dvb, but I haven't checked
it in yet. I need to iron out some other stuff first.

 > In adition, if you have multiple provider id's, a table could be
 > maintained to introduce an offset for them, like one provider's 323 could
 > be 323, while another provider's 323 could be 10323.  The spec suggests
 > service id is a unique identifier within a provider scope, so we should
 > use it.

I build an id for my favorite channels list consisting of network id,
sat id (position), transponder id and PNR to avoid ambiguities.
They don't all have to be set, but are used when possible.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |