[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV NOVA-t (model 908) USB under linux

Tom Jones wrote:
> I've just bought a WinTV NOVA-t USB device and I would really like
> to use it under linux. I found the message
>  http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2002/05-2002/msg00831.html
> so I checked out the NEWSTRUCT branch. However, it still seems some
> way from completion. Unfortunately, I think that finishing it myself
> is beyond my coding abilities.
>
> I'm really just writing to ask: is it still under active development?
> It looks like the last change was several months ago, so I'm wondering
> if the author has lost interest.

We don't have any documentation and no technical support neither from
Hauppauge nor Technotrend (they made the initially design). Right now I
don't have much motivation to continue reverse engineering.

The protocol is basically completely known, except the {0x27, 2, ?, ?}
sequence which is still missing. Contact me if anybody of you wants to
continue working, then I'll try to explain anything you need to know and
help wherever possibly.

Holger