[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Newest CVS driver: still unable to changevolume with DVB-C

Frenchstylistics@gmx.li wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I would just like to verify that changing the volume and
>>muting works with
>>a Technotrend rev2.1 fullfeatured DVB-C card with the new
>>driver (from the CVS last week).
>

> yes, this is right but my card is an original Siemens one with the
> analog module, which isn't any more on the rev.2.1 I think.
>

>>I havenät bothered with the feature that much since I use my
>>home theater
>>amplifier with VDR and set the volume from the amp.
>

> Unfortunately I cannot do this because the two inputs from my amp are on
> the same channel, so I have always the DVB in the mix with my PC sound
> system. Anoying! :(
>
> And I think that muting/changing the volume is an elementary feature for
> this driver. Would be nice to implement (again)..... ;)

Please take a look in driver/av7110/av7110.c, around line 4817. There
the MSP3400 is initialized. Then watch around near the audio settings
for the other chips, then you should be able to find out what the
problem is...

AFAIK the MSP3400 datasheet is available online, use google to find it.
If you get the problem fixed, please send a patch!

thanks,

Holger