[linux-dvb] Re: Nova CI (or the new Nova CI Terr) and CAM?

Holger Waechtler writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Ragnar Sundblad wrote:
 > >
 > > Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am completely new here.
 > >
 > > It seems that Hauppauge are going to release a Nova CI style
 > > DVB-T card, like a Nova-T card with CAM slots I guess.
 > >
 > > Given that it is similar in design to the Nova CI, would it
 > > be possible to use it with the linux driver? (Does the driver
 > > have a name? :-) Could I use it with a CAM?
 > >
 > > It seems from the archives that the Nova CI CAM support at
 > > least wasn't supported earlier. Is it now? If not, is anyone
 > > working on it? Does anybody have any idea if it would be
 > > possible to make it work or not?
 > >
 > > I would like to use it with a viaccess CAM to receive the
 > > Swedish Senda terrestrial channels.
 >
 > If the card is basically working depends on the tuner module they use.
 > If it's one of our supported modules you should be able to watch FTA
 > channels.
 >
 > I'm not sure about NOVA-CI CAM support, Ralph might know more about the
 > status.

No, nothing planned by us for supporting this. Technotrend does not
release any information about their cards and they are using their
own programmable logic chip on the NOVA-CI.

On the other hand, KNC1 does release information and writing support
for their CI interface is on our list. I think they also plan to
release DVB-C and DVB-T cards.
Right now some other projects delayed our work on this. We also
don't know yet in what form (maybe binary only) it will be possible
to release this.

Ralph