[linux-dvb] Re: Nova CI (or the new Nova CI Terr) and CAM?

Hello, thanks for your replies!

--On den 4 november 2002 13:02 +0100 Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de>
wrote:

> No, nothing planned by us for supporting this. Technotrend does not
> release any information about their cards and they are using their
> own programmable logic chip on the NOVA-CI.

Oh, programmable logic like a FPGA or the like? If so, it of course
could be very problematic to find out how to fix it (for me, at least).

I haven't even seen the card, but was kind of hoping that it
was pretty simple and build of just a few standard components, and
that it was more a question of finding some bus addresses and
how things were connected and the like. If that was the case I
guess some trial and error and an oscilloscope could fix it.

What do you say, how hard do you think it would be to find out
how they are made and fix support for them?

> On the other hand, KNC1 does release information and writing support
> for their CI interface is on our list. I think they also plan to
> release DVB-C and DVB-T cards.

That is of course much more sympathetic and should be supported,
but as long as they don't have a DVB-T card they won't help me
much (well, maybe I could replace the tuner, but I don't know
enough about this to have any clue if that is enough).
Besides, I haven't been able to find out if their DVB-S card has
CAM support or even where to buy them.

> Right now some other projects delayed our work on this. We also
> don't know yet in what form (maybe binary only) it will be possible
> to release this.

You are referring to drivers for the KNC1 cards I guess?

Thanks for your help!

/ragge