[linux-dvb] Re: More problems with demuxing TS stream, and reading two pids at once.

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:42:02AM +1100, Mike Doyle wrote:

> Have emailed earlier about problems with two or more filter, with output set
> to "DMX_OUT_TAP".  When reading, the first filter would stop reading once the
> second filter had been set up, and the second filter would read data, which
> is a mix of the data from both filters.

AFAIK the driver bug is still not fixed in CVS. Did you try
the patch Matt Davis posted?
(The patch may need to be updated for the current CVS.)

> Suggestions given to me were to use DMX_OUT_TS_TAP, and then demux the TS
> myself, which is fairly trivial (each TS packet being 188bytes of data).
>
> But it seems the same problem is following me.  It seems data from both
> filters get mixed in with each other. I have set up a program to search
> through all the data, looking for TS packet  headers of the particular PIDS I
> am looking for, and I often find a new header halfway through the last
> packet.

It is the intention of DMX_OUT_TS_TAP to create a mix of all
filtered data for output on the dvr device. This is convenient
for recording a partial TS with just video and audio for one
service, hence the name of the dvr device.

Regards,
Johannes