[linux-dvb] Re: Several questions concerning locking of DVB-C card

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:38:55AM +0100, Ruediger Dohmhardt wrote:

>   2.) Why does the interrupt count in /proc/interrupts not increase?

Because there's no data being transferred. If you set xawtv to
capture in grab mode, or open section/PES/TS filters, then there will
be interrupts. (Try running DVB/apps/test/test_sections 0.)

>   3.) Why do I must have a cable between TV-card Audio-Out and
>       Sound-card Line-In in order to get audio?

Because the PCI bus has no audio connection ;-)
You could of course get audio PES from the demux and use
a software audio decoder, which then plays via /dev/dsp.

> Does the DVB-driver support (1)interrupt sharing and (2)proc filesystem?

Yes and no. /proc/interrupts is updated by the kernel's irq dispatcher,
not by the individual drivers.

> Is this related to bad locking?

I don't think so.

Regards,