[linux-dvb] Re: Several questions concerning locking of DVB-C card

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:38:55AM +0100, Ruediger Dohmhardt wrote:
> Dear list participants,
>
> I have the questions below concerning Hauppauge DVB-C Rev2.1 TV-card in
> a Linux-2.4.18 Box:
>
>   1.) Which values I need to tune in order to improve locking
>       for dvbtune and accomplish locking for czap?

I've got DVB-C with 2.4.18 kernel and also get long locking times or
no locking at all with dvbtune. However, vdr does lock nicely and
quickly every time. I'm using quite new CVS version of the DVB
drivers.

> to 1.) Yesterday evening 9pm I updated DVB from CVS. Everything
> compiled.
> After "make insmod" the tool "scan" shows me lots of channels but
> "czap" never locks to any of them (it has never done for the last 4
> weeks
> since I've bought the TV-card).

Can you check if the results from scan are corrent? I seem to get
wrong frequences and symbol rates. Eg.g scan produced:

MTV3 D:120000000:INVERSION_OFF:690000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:305:561

when the correct channel is

MTV3 D:140000000:INVERSION_OFF:7146000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:305:561

> Usually dvbtune locks after invoking at least three or four times
> enabling me to watch TV using xawTv.
> Dvbtune's output for both cases, "not-locking" and "locking",
> is shown at the end.

As I said, I solved this by using vdr with xawtv (3.77). I manually
changed commands in

/etc/X11/app-defaults/Xawtv

to the form

        <Key>M:                 Command(vdr,HITK,Menu)          \n\

so I can send commands to the vdr daemon. This has it's own problems
too. Here's a list of some of the commands I'm using: Menu, OK,
Volume+, Mute, Back, Up, Left, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, 0, 1, ...

> Several weeks ago Holger asked this forum to confirm values related to
> locking.
> Which values I'm supposed to tune in order to
>  (1) accomplish locking for czap and
>  (2) improve locking behaviour of dvbtune?

I would also be interested on these.

-jaakko