[linux-dvb] Several questions concerning locking of DVB-C card

Dear list participants,

I have the questions below concerning Hauppauge DVB-C Rev2.1 TV-card in
a Linux-2.4.18 Box:

  1.) Which values I need to tune in order to improve locking
      for dvbtune and accomplish locking for czap?
  2.) Why does the interrupt count in /proc/interrupts not increase?
  3.) Why do I must have a cable between TV-card Audio-Out and
      Sound-card Line-In in order to get audio?

to 1.) Yesterday evening 9pm I updated DVB from CVS. Everything
compiled.
After "make insmod" the tool "scan" shows me lots of channels but
"czap" never locks to any of them (it has never done for the last 4
weeks
since I've bought the TV-card).
Usually dvbtune locks after invoking at least three or four times
enabling me to watch TV using xawTv.
Dvbtune's output for both cases, "not-locking" and "locking",
is shown at the end.

Several weeks ago Holger asked this forum to confirm values related to
locking.
Which values I'm supposed to tune in order to
 (1) accomplish locking for czap and
 (2) improve locking behaviour of dvbtune?

to 2.) The TV-Card shares its interrupt with an Adaptec29160-Card.
When I do a "cat /proc/interrupts", interrupt count increases only after
SCSI access, whereas watching TV (using dvbtune and xawTv) does not!
Does the DVB-driver support (1)interrupt sharing and (2)proc filesystem?
If so, why does the interrupt-count does not increase?
Is this related to bad locking?

to 3.) In order to have audio I connect Audio-Out (of the TV-Card)
to Line-In (of the SoundCard). Otherwise xawTv does not give me any
sound.
I suppose this external cable is not necessary and there is an internal
audio-stream. Is this problem perhaps related to question 2.).

Any hints and information is appreciated

Ciao Ruediger D.

/******* dvbtune does not lock the first 3 or 4 times  **************/

dvbtune -f 394000000 -s 6900 -I 0  -v 1110 -a 1120
    Using DVB card "VES1820/Grundig tuner as used on the Siemens DVB-C
card"
    tuning DVB-C to 394000000, srate=6900000
    polling....
    Getting frontend event
    FE_STATUS: FE_TIMEDOUT
    Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

/******* Below it is going to lock  *****************************/

dvbtune -f 394000000 -s 6900 -I 0  -v 1110 -a 1120

    Using DVB card "VES1820/Grundig tuner as used on the Siemens DVB-C
card"
    tuning DVB-C to 394000000, srate=6900000
    polling....
    Getting frontend event
    FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
    Event:  Frequency: 404600000
            SymbolRate: 6900000
            FEC_inner:  9

    Bit error rate: 10485750
    Signal strength: 65535
    SNR: 56283
    FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
    A/V/TT Filters set