[linux-dvb] dvb_net behaves oddly (newstruct, HEAD and pre-newstruct-cvs drivers, Hauppauge Nexus-S)

Hi!

I'm wondering what happened to the module "dvb_net"?
At first with an very early cvs version (even before
"newstruct"), dvb_net worked as long as tcpdump was
running (= promiscous mode), then if you cancelled
tcpdump, it crashed the system...

Okay, eventually some versions later, still before
newstruct it locked the channel, received data and did
ok for _~ 5 minutes_, then no data was received
anymore... but system did _not_ crash ;)

And now with HEAD (from 20021119), I load dvb_net, run
dvbtune -n and it crashes the system right after
dvbtune... Reproducable, fortunately...
So for a bug report, what info do you need?
Current cfg is:
  - Linux 2.4.19
  - Hauppauge Nexus-S (I believe = V2.1?)
  - HEAD driver from 2002-11-19
  - patched dvbtune for supporting head drivers...
  (cvs from http://freshmeat.net/projects/dvbtools)

btw: what happened to the "sec" device?
btw2: What is the current (head) way of getting signal
strength / etc?
btw3: Is it enough to hook more secfeeds and
secfilters to dvb_net to make it receive from multiple
pids? (I tried to modify the before-newstruct cvs
driver for that and it did not like that ;))

As I only toy around with my dvb-s its not urgent for
me to get all this working, I just wondered if I am
the only one with these probs?
I mean, TV stuff works well with convergence drivers,
but as soon as it comes to data reception... boom...
(okay, wrong dvb card type for data, but anyways ;))