[linux-dvb] Re: HEAD driver scanning problem

Kovacs Balazs wrote:
> I've found a problem (maybe bug) with HEAD driver (maybe it causes the
> mplayer bugs also)

it's not a bug, it's the not-disabled-powermanagement. See below.

> When I don't attach an antenne to the DVB card, and start HEAD driver,
> and after that I start an application which want to tune to a channel,
> kdvb-fe proccess starts to eat my CPU time, and even after quitting the
> application which want to tune (dvbtune, scan, vdr ....) the kdvb-fe
> still eats CPU time, (~50% on my C766) until I restart the driver.

remove the "dvb_shutdown_timeout=0" module parameter from your Makefile
when insmod'ing the driver or pass a timeout value > 0 to the dvb-core
module.

Then the kdvb-fe thread will exit after a few seconds and won't try to
to catch a transponder anymore.

Holger