[linux-dvb] Re: realy stuck

Luc de Louw wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi Luc,

> sorry to bug you again. I'm NOT a Unix/Linux dummy, but a absolute DVB-beginner.
>
> Since DVB CVS 2002-11-21 ~2300 CET
> modules are loading w/o error msg -> success :-)
>
> If I start any of the programs xawtv, tuxzap or whatever, nothing happens

This is because the new drivers do not tune to any channel after
initialisation. You have to tune the card with szap/czap/tzap or with vdr.

> Sorry to say that, but there is no useful documentation available
> I'm willing to contribute some documentation, but of course first I need to get
> it running
> to descibe HOW I got it running.
>
> If I'm starting vdr in a xterm, the cursor is in posistion 0,0 and in
> /var/log/messages I got:
>
> Nov 21 23:13:02 bond vdr[13860]: VDR version 1.0.4 started

The problem here is that you use the new drivers from CVS (formerly known
as NEWSTRUCT) with the old VDR version. Either use the old drivers from
Klaus Schmidinger's page or use the new drivers from CVS and the
developer version of VDR.

Cheers,
Juri