[linux-dvb] Re: Re[2]: DVB-C it got worse!

Micael Beronius wrote:
> Hello Holger,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. I have now come a little bit closer;
>
> Beginning with 2002-11-12, czap has changed behaviour in that it does
> not stop on lock anymore. Is this intended? I tried the czap from
> 11-11, and with that czap quits as soon as a lock has occurred.

yes, that's intended. When you zap and watch TV with e.g. xawtv you have
to keep the frontend file descriptor open to prevent that the frontend
will be shut down by the power management.

> And the tuning; It stops to work with the 1.11 of ves1820.c, (19
> november) unfortunately, this was a big clean-up of the code, compared
> to the version before, so it is a bit hard to get a clue about vital
> changes.
>
> Any suggestions? The change note mentions auto inversion, which is
> something that I guess could be harmful.

Please add some debug printk()'s which show the auto inversion bit and
increase the delays.

> The changnote also says;
> Code review and clean up
> Dynamic demod           -- what is this?
> i2c address probing
> and autoinversion.

The ves1820 can have a i2c adress of 0x08 and 0x09, depending on how the
chip is wired on your STB/DVB-card. We probe both adresses and use the
one where we found a ves1820.

demod is a synonym for Demodulator (the ves1820).

Holger