[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] USB DVB design | some related links

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> ------
>
>>FX2 firmware download using fxload:
>>
>>http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/?selected=usb
>>(bottom of the page)
>>

> Does that mean the the USB-box will need a firmware?

yes, the FX2 needs some code to get initialized and it has a 8051
microcontroller onchip which can do some useful work for us.

> I'm very interested in a "OpenWire" DVB-card (have had similar thoughts
> myself) especially with USB 2.0 to avoid lacks of PCI-slots, but I don't
> want to have a similar flop like the unstable DVB-S/C-firmware.

All required infos

> Is that firmware OpenSource completely?

as soon it's written - yes.

> What will such a box aproximately cost?

Frank Rosengart us currently investigating prices and availability of
used parts. I think he will post the results as soon he knows more.

Holger