[linux-dvb] Re: More thoughts on coldboot driver crash

> We now put our own development tree on our page at
> http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html It contains

I am just curious, are there now two different driver
development projects going on? If so, why?

A feature request:
Would it be possible to have a compile switch -NO_ZIGZAG ?
The reason is that with my DVB-C card here in Helsinki the zigzag
is totally useless. It tries to tune into a channel, and if it doesn't
get a lock the zigzag starts. Then it jumps around for a while
untill it eventually jumps back to the frequency that it didn't
get a lock on.

The problem we have here in Helsinki is that when the freq is supposed
to be say 162000000, in reality it is 161750000. So if you give as the
tuning parameter 162000000 it will not get a lock and start zigzaging.
End eventually it will try 161750000 and get a lock, so here zigzag is very good. But if you give 161750000 and it doesn't get a lock it will
also start zigzaging and then you have to wait untill it tries 161750000
again. This is very irritating since I know it will not get a lock on
say 160625000, which it tries while zigzaging.

Josce