[linux-dvb] Dvb in uk

Hullo

I'm looking to build a do-it-yourself Tivo for free to air stations in
the UK, based on the linux-tv and vdr. I can get no sensible information
from the main broadcasters in the UK about the pros and cons of
different dvb hardware that I could consider, but I have heard from an
unofficial bbc source that dvb-t will almost certainly mean a new aerial
(q for digital signals in UK is much flatter than for analogue signals)
- their internal guess is that ~70% of aerials will need to change,
which could screw the gov't's intentions, I suppose.

Does anyone have any views on whether I should use dvb-t anyway, or
should I buy a satellite based service and then can the contract as soon
as I can?

Tia

Tim