[linux-dvb] Re: frequency bending on DVB-T cards

> Seriously though, I would run with "tune and be damned"... do you have 2
> cards? Just wondered if you'd done any tests re: signal strength if the two
> are tuned to the same freq.

I'm assuming the frequency bending comes from DVB-S... perhaps it is not
an issue for DVB-T. I've actually got three DVB-T cards at the moment;
I'll do some tests as you suggest.

> If we drop the frequency bending, channel zapping should be a much more
> pleasant experience =)

It shouldn't actually occur if you only have one card, and the latest
CVS driver (with my very small patch).

I've just noticed a behavioural difference between "DVB/driver" and "dvb-kernel"
(I have temporarily removed my grundig mods in case it was that)

If I do "dvbtune -f .....", and then "dvbtune -m", in DVB/driver, this works fine,
but in dvb-kernel, it "loses" the the tuning after about 4 seconds.

Similarily, dvbscan (from dvbsak) has problems with dvb-kernel.

Could this be something to do with not keeping the frontend device open?