[linux-dvb] Re: Status of dvb-kernel vs DVB?

Hello Andrew,

(Just like the i2c problems with some frontends -- it's likely an saa7146 i2c subsystem issue, we need to find out...)

Interesting, so thats a known problem is it? I've noticed that the
frontends on my Nova-Ts tend not to get detected on first boot... but
work fine after that (both with the original grundig '401 frontend
driver and my modified one). This was not the case with the "DVB"
driver.
I fixed this bug in the dvb-kernel CVS, the following lines were missing:

 >	/* the Siemens DVB needs this if you want to have the i2c chips
 >           get recognized before the main driver is loaded */
 >        saa7146_write(saa->mem, GPIO_CTRL, 0x500000);

These lines were buried in saa7146_core.c in the DVB driver, were copied
to av7110.c when I ported the driver, but got lost when I separated the
budget-core.c. P

CU
Michael.