[linux-dvb] Typhoon DVB-s Budget page

Hello,

I've put together some informations about the Typhoon DVB-s card that I
bought recently. The page is in the Perugia Linux Users Group site and
the URL is:

http://perugia.linux.it/progetti/dvb

The card is recognized as KNC1, and has got a 'Remote Control' connector
(a female SVHS connector).  From the KNC One site it seems that KNC1 has
got video-in.  Markus Metzler suggested me that there is not 'video
chip' onboard the Typhoon DVB-s. I wonder what are all the differences
(if there are some others)  between KNC1 and Typhoon DVB-s budget
cards.

The card works fine with the Metzler Brothers's driver.  For the CVS DVB
version, there are some iusses on frontend i2c addresses, but hardwiring
with Peter's patch
(http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/01-2003/msg00153.html)
makes the trick.

I try to keep the page updated with tests from latest CVS version.

I hope this helps GNU/Linux users and developers around.

Alessandro Frigeri