[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T setup?

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 11:14, Stephan Rottmann wrote:
[...]
> i had the same problem with my nova-s:
> at first everything worked fine, when i used "make insmod" to load the
> drivers after every bootup...

Yup, that works. It turns out the crucial bit is:

insmod dvb-core.o dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

Without the parameter, I get the stalling behaviour.

Incidentally, now if I do any kind of direct streaming to mplayer
(either stdio or via RTP) the video is choppy; it comes through in short
bursts. If I capture to a file and then play the file, it's all smooth.

But I'm now listening to, I think, MTV quite happily. Cheers.

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com