[linux-dvb] AW: Re: Software-only Loopback DVB

Hi,

>I need this software only DVB loopback because I think there's
>a bug in sw_demux that crashes it when it receives certain garbled data.

http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tuxbox/driver/dvb/drivers/media/dv
b/dummy/

You need to revert the dummyfe.c one version back. There are some I2C
changes in the latest version which never found its way into dvb-core.

cat input.ts > /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 should do the trick. While piping data
into the dvr device you can open the demux device as if the stream went in
by a reqular (hw) frontend.

Hope this helps a bit,
   Florian