[linux-dvb] Help request with drivers

Hi,

up to one week ago I was running with the following setup:
wintv nova-s
kernel 2.4.18-6
mandrakle 8.2
gcc 3.2.1
driver 0.9.4 of linuxtv

It was working so well that I released a patch for mplayer to make
it accept input from the
card and to change channel while watching.

Someone complained that my patch didn't even compile  with newstruct
drivers, so I decided to give it a try and adapt the code.

Had I never made it!

I tried both dvb-kernel, metzlers' drivers  and 0.9.4 present in
vdr's ftp with each of the following kernels:

2.4.18-6 Mandrake
2.4.21-pre3 / pre4 Mandrake
2.4.18	standard
2.4.20 standard

paying attention to follow the instructions and to remove any possible
link or include file/dir that could cause ambiguity.

The fact is that I can't make my card work anymore with none of the four
series of drivers!

0.9.4-vdr (which doesn't even compile with 2.4.2X) insmods but dvbstream
(cvs version) always complains that it receives frontend failures

0.9.4 doesn't even compile with 2.4.18 because it doesn't find get_fast_time

dvb-kernel/build-2.4:
after having replaced videodev*.h files and removed videodev.o from the
standard drivers, and after having compiled the drivers
./driver.arm  start
always tries to load dvb-ttpci but it fails;
when I replace the call with
modprobe dvb-ttpci-budget
I  can see
in the logs that both
the card and the Alps tuner are recognized, and I can even see in
in /proc/devices
250 DVB
and in /dev/dvb/adapter0 all the needed file (8 or 9)

but dvbstream always complains that it can't open the frontend
If I modprove dvb_frontend and next dvbdev
dvbdev complains of input/output errors, no such device

do I need to pass extra parameters when loading the drivers for Nova-s
cards?

metzlerbros drivers:
they always compile and load the drivers but
dvbstream always complains that it receives frontend failures and can't
lock on the frequency

Naturally, after having recompiled the drivers I always reinstalled
the headers in the right position and recompiled dvbstream from scratch.

I wonder how is it possible that I can't even restore the previous
behaviour of
the drivers, even with the same kernel-compiler-headers.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

Nico