[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

On Monday 04 August 2003 08:01, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:
> --On den 3 augusti 2003 22:04 +0000 Juergen Peitz <peitz@snafu.de> wrote:
> But wouldn't just a tune to a frequency without a signal be
> interpreted as a lockup in this code? Maybe the dprintks
> should be altered to say something more like
>
> dprintk("%s: firmware lockup (or no signal on frequency)!\n",
> __FUNCTION__);
>
> just to avoid confusion.

No, this really indicates a lockup. The SP8870 seems to behave like this after
setting frontend parameters:

1. FEC Lock is set (if we have a signal or not!).
2. Delay between 10 and 450 usec
3. FEC Lock is cleared (if we have a signal or not!).
4. Delay ~ 50 ms
4. FEC Lock is set again if we have a signal.

When a lockup happend FEC Lock is never cleared. Because all the registers
still show normal values after a lookup, this seems to be the only thing
thats indicates a lookup.

Sorry for not adding comments to the patch. But I first wanted to test it more
and then do some rework on the complete code today.

> When I started to try to get my system to
> work I had so many problems and variables that it was really hard
> to understand what was happening and why (and to make things even
> worse, as soon as I almost got it recieving something the frequency
> bending started to retune which of course made the signal disappear :-)
> When I found out that this was happening, I disabled the bending).

Yes, bending and zigzag scan doesn't work for this card. I would like it could
be disabled by the frontend.

Juergen