[linux-dvb] Re: New Nova-T errors

>  From my experience in the UK block error rates below 1000 are sufficient
> to get a completely stable stream. Data might get lost somewhere else on
> the board under linux? IRQ? VIA chipset? Something along those lines
maybe?

> Although it works in Windows, I'd try this on another machine just
> determine whether or not it's the driver / signal or something else on the
> system.

OK, thanks.  As you and Gavin pointed out, although these rates are much
higher than with the full featured card, it appears to be more than low
enough for good quality reception, so I guess I can at least rule that out
for the time being.

As for machine, this could well be an issue.  It is an Asus P4P800 which has
various shared interupts on the PCI sockets, and circumstantially there is a
slight improvement in the audio on the really bad channels if I unplug all
the USB gizmos (mouse and radio keyboard thingy).  I will also try a
different kernel and see if that helps...  If I can get my other machine
back into the right state I can also try against that as well

I'm a bit sad if it does turn out to be a chipset issue though.  I got this
new motherboard with all intel stuff because I was fed up with the problems
on my previous via based board....

PCI latencies are 64 at the moment on that card, I assume knocking this up
to 128 wouldn't hurt either?

Thanks for everyone's comments

Ed W