[linux-dvb] Re: difference between su-1278/sh and su-1278/sh2

doug wrote:
thanks Holger,

it was a big shot for me to jump into the linux-tv now,

just found some weird code in the saa7146_core.c:377
        if (remap_page_range(vma, start, page,PAGE_SIZE, PAGE_SHARED))

looks like having something to do with 1st argument missing in the
compat.h:75,  even for both kernel 2.5.x and 2.4.x.
it's not like just putting 'vma' for first argument. think i need to put
something else for that, but still looking now.

kernel's running 2.4.20-8custom(compiled with CONFIG_MODVERSION=y and
other options)
Are you using RedHat? They provide heavily patched kernels which don't follow the usual versioning scheme, sometimes they even put in internal APIs that were introduced in later kernel versions. In compat.[hc] the versions of the 'official' source tree are referenced to work around API changes. So just use a clean and fresh kernel from http://www.kernel.org/ or modify the version checks according to your needs to get rid of the problems.

Does 1.1.0 release support SU-1278/SH2 + TUA6100 PLL? document sounds
like "YES" but want to make sure somebody has done yet.
version 1.1.0?

I have not yet seen a SU1278/SH2 yet, but the combination stv0299/tua6100 is used in the SU1278 (without /SH suffix) too, so I suppose that's a good point to start...

* i am pretty new this market but i was told USB receiver project in the
company was dropped.
A pity.

Holger