[linux-dvb] North America Setup - NTSC?

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the linux dvb driver, attempting to get things going
in North America.  Right now, I have a Hauppauge Nexus DVB-S card under
Gentoo linux.

Can anyone point in the right direction for setting things up to support
things like NTSC (and other North Americanisms)?  My current battle is
trying to get the driver to startup/default to NTSC mode: my TV keeps
going into a flickering mode, which I'm assuming is PAL.

<aside> BTW, any obvious source changes aren't working (like setting
to VIDEO_MODE_NTSC or other simple variables), so I figure there's something
out there I'm missing.  A quick scan of old mailinglist threads yields
dialogue for earlier versions of the driver. </aside>

Best Regards,

-b